The Camden County Department of Health and Human Services has issued a "Code Blue” severe weather advisory for our area from 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 20, to 7 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 21, and again from 6 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 22, to 7 a.m. Monday, Feb. 23.
When the Camden County Health Officer declares a Severe Weather Emergency, municipalities with homeless populations, situational homeless or transient populations are expected to activate their Code Blue response plan to accommodate their immediate needs.
In Cherry Hill, individuals seeking shelter in a warming center can visit:
- The Carman Tilelli Community Center, 820 Mercer St.
- The Cherry Hill Mall, 2000 Route 38 (Open until 9:30 p.m.)
- The Cherry Hill Public Library, 1100 Kings Highway North. (Open 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday-Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday)
When extreme temperatures and other weather emergencies arise, the Cherry Hill Office of Emergency Management reminds residents to check on elderly or disabled relatives and neighbors who live alone to ensure their safety.
Anyone with questions or concerns, or who may need assistance during this stretch of extreme cold, can contact Emergency Management Coordinator Kevin Seta at (856) 432-8836, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
As always, please call 9-1-1 to report a police, fire or medical emergency. For non-emergency police assistance after-hours, call (856) 665-1200.
In the event of a power outage or other service interruption, please contact your service provider immediately so they can identify and respond to outages quickly.
• PSE&G: (800) 436-PSEG (7734)
• Atlantic City Electric: (800) 833-7476
• South Jersey Gas: (800) 582-7060