You can bag your leaves in open biodegradable bags or place in open trash cans at the curbside on your regular trash and recycling day. Although many residents have taken advantage of this opportunity, many more do not. We hope that you will help save money and keep our streets safe. Please remember that plastic bags are not permitted.
Township Leaf Collection
The regularly scheduled township collection of leaves begins during the last week of October. Every neighborhood has signs posted when the first leaf collection will take place. This collection is performed using heavy construction equipment and large dump trucks. Residents must comply with the following guidelines to ensure pickup of their leaves:
- Cars must be removed from the street between the hours of 7:00 am and 5:30 pm
- Do not rake your leaves until signs have been posted in your neighborhood
- Landscape / lawn services must remove leaves from site and may use the Kresson Road Ecology Site at no cost; permits may be picked up at the Cherry Hill Department of Public Works
- Leaves must be raked to the park strip area near the roadway
- Leaves should be placed curbside and must not be mixed with branches or other debris
- Check the township website homepage "News" for weekly leaf collection updates
It is always difficult to collect the leaves at the right time and get everything completed before the snow season. The department uses the same equipment for snow removal, so we ask for your understanding and help. Please be aware that rain will also slow down the process.
Haul Your Own
Residents who wish to dispose of leaves are permitted to do so at the Kresson Road Ecology Site at no cost.