For immediate assistance during the Township closure please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Property Maintenance Code is an essential part of maintaining the appearance and integrity of Cherry Hill township. This code holds property owners responsible for the upkeep of their properties. Cherry Hill takes an aggressive approach toward addressing and correcting property maintenance violations.
In order to help keep Cherry Hill looking its best, please follow these property maintenance guidelines on your property:
- All sidewalks, walkways and driveways are to be kept in a proper state of repair, and maintained free from hazardous or dangerous conditions. It is the responsibility of the owner to maintain the proper repair of all sidewalks on the property.
- It is the responsibility of the owner of the premises to maintain all trees located on the premises. If you have a concern regarding a dead or dying tree on private property please contact Property Maintenance at 856-834-3364. If you have a concern regarding a tree on Township property, please contact the Public Works Department at 856-424-4422.
- Grass or weeds cannot be higher than 10 inches, so remember to mow your yard before it reaches this height. If high grass is reported at your property you will receive a letter indicating that you have 10 days to rectify the condition. If the condition is not rectified you may be summonsed to appear in court, which may result in a fine. To report high grass, please call our Property Maintenance Hotline at 856-834-3364. If you do call to report an incidence of high grass please have the address of the property where the problem is occurring.
- Inoperable vehicles (those without current registration, inspection stickers, and no insurance) cannot be stored in driveways, on the street, or anywhere on your property. Please contact Property Maintenance for inoperable vehicles parked on private property. If the vehicle is parked on a public street it is considered a motor vehicle violation and is handled by the Cherry Hill Police Department. The Police Department can be reached at 856-665-1200.
- Pet owners must curb their dogs and immediately remove and dispose of all waste.
- To insure safety of pedestrians, residents must remove snow within 48 hours of daylight following a snowfall. Please remember that children are walking to schools and bus stops all over town.
Owners whose property violates any provision of the code are notified to correct the violation and comply with the regulations. The township works rigorously to keep Cherry Hill looking its best. Contact us anytime by calling 856-834-3364.