Online Zoning Permit Application

Please follow all instructions carefully when submitting zoning permit applications online.  Payment will be taken once your application has been submitted and reviewed to ensure that all necessary information needed to render a decision has been provided. Payments can be made online with a credit card or an electronic check both of which include a nominal processing fee.  If you do not wish to pay online you will be informed of where to mail a check once your permit has been reviewed.  For the purposes of the time of decision required under the NJ Municipal Land Use Law (NJSA 40:55D-1), the application will not be deemed complete until the payment is accepted by the Township and decisions will not be rendered until payment has been received.

All applicants submitting zoning permits shall be required to adhere to all Local, County, and/or State regulations that may pertain to the activities requesting to be undertaken in the zoning permit.  It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain any and all additional approvals that may be required prior to commencing such activities.  In submitting a zoning permit application, and any additional required materials, the applicant is certifying that the information provided therein is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge. The Department of Community Development reserves all rights to request additional information as needed to render a decision.

If you have questions about applicable regulations for your property you can review our zoning ordinance by following the link on the left of the page or contacting the Zoning Officer, Katherine Malgieri at

Residential Applications:

All residential application must include:

  • A survey, plot plan, or aerial image of the property showing the proposed improvement with the following information:
    • All dimensions such as the length, width, and height of the improvement (if constructing a fence please indicate the type of fence as well such as vinyl, wood, chain link, etc.).
    • Setbacks to all applicable lot lines.
    • If the improvement includes the addition of impervious surface, such as a patio, driveway, or addition, you must provide the total building coverage (if the new impervious coverage is a building) and the total lot coverage (required for all additional impervious coverage).
  • If the applicant is not the owner of the property, a Consent of Owner Form also required.  

If you do not have a survey of your property you may be able to obtain one through the Department of Community Development, if one is on file.  If you are the owner of the property, please contact Kathleen Gaeta at to see if a copy of your survey is available.  If you are not the owner of the property, surveys can be requested through an Open Public Records Act Request through the Clerk’s Office.

Non-Residential Applications:

Please upload a document that includes the following information

  • For a change of ownership only, provide the name and address of the prior owner and the new/proposed owner.
  • For a change of occupancy only, provide the name of the proposed tenant and a brief description of the proposed use. If it is a multi-tenant structure please include the suite/unit number.
  • For a tenant fit-out only, include the name of the tenant and a brief description of the work proposed.
  • For a combination of any of the above provide the information requested for each type of request. 
  • If the applicant is not the owner of the property, a Consent of Owner Form also required.

 If any exterior site work is proposed, please contact Natalie Shafiroff, PP, AICP ( to determine if a land use board application may be required before submitting your application online.

Online applications will require electronic payment at the time of submission. A small processing fee will be applied.