View all facilities

Fire Station 2

Fire Station 2, which houses Tower Ladder 1324, is located on Route 70 W in the Erlton section of Cherry Hill. As the first-due ladder company on the west side of town, its response local covers such areas as the Cherry Hill Mall, the Executive Campus business complex, Garden State Park Development, several high-rise apartments and office buildings, and numerous residential neighborhoods, stretching from the northern township boundary at Maple Avenue, down to Park Boulevard along Cooper River Park, and up to Brace Road and beyond to Barclay Lane. The local covers some 80,000 residents, while its overall population increases to more than 250,000 with the weekday work force. Tower Ladder 1324 also provides mutual aid to Haddonfield, Pennsauken, Camden and Maple Shade.

Placed in service in November of 2003, this vehicle has a 95 foot Aerial Scope on a Seagrave chassis; it includes a 250 gpm pump with 300 gallons of water, and is also equipped with rescue tools for motor vehicle accidents.
    
A little history...
The fire station was originally built in 1927 by the Erlton Fire Company with the help of Mr. Earl R. Lippincot, the area developer that the station and the surrounding neighborhood were named after. With the evolution of larger fire apparatus in the 70s and the growing need for better facilities for its firefighters, the fire station underwent a major expansion and renovation in 1972.               
  
Erlton-1927-02