2018 Fall Leaf Collection Information
- If you hire a lawn service for a fall leaf cleanup, please note that they cannot rake leaves to the curb for municipal collection. It is the homeowner’s responsibility to ensure their lawn service hauls the leaves away to a disposal facility. Lawn services may haul leaves to the Township’s Kresson Road Ecology Site for disposal; this is a free service. Lawn services should call Public Works at 856 424-4422 for a permit.
- Leaves may be bagged for collection by the Township’s waste hauler, (biodegradable paper bags only), or put into open cans. The Department of Public Works encourages this disposal method as leaves are picked up weekly on your regular trash collection day.
- Do not place leaves in the street. Leaves must be placed on the park strip- (area behind curb or edge of road) or at the front property line.
- Please wait until your neighborhood is posted with leaf collection signs before raking leaves to the curb.
- Department of Environmental Protection regulations restrict leaves from being placed within 10 feet of any storm drains.
- Residents may take leaves to the Kresson Road Ecology Site for disposal. Please call the Department of Public Works for Ecology Site hours and to receive permission to use the site.
- Branches or other debris mixed in with leaf piles will not be collected.
Please note that weather conditions can interfere with the leaf collection schedule and a second collection is not always possible.
Please call the Department of Public Works at 856 424-4422 for additional information.
Cherry Hill residents have (3) three options for leaf disposal:
- Bag your leaves - *Your best choice*
- Township leaf collection
- Haul your own
BAGGING YOUR LEAVES is the Recommended Option
Bag your leaves in paper biodegradable bags or place them in open trashcans and place curbside for recycling day. Save money and keep our streets safe.
- Leaves get picked up every week on your regular recycling day.
- Rain won’t delay pick-up.
- Your neighborhoods will be cleaner without leaf piles blocking traffic or blowing onto neighbor’s yards.
- It’s safer - No children playing in leaf piles in the street. Cars won’t skid on wet leaves.
- Fire hazards reduced - Leaves in the street can catch fire, especially if cars are parked in the street.
- Cost - Bagging reduces the Township’s leaf collection program costs, saving your tax dollars.
TOWNSHIP LEAF COLLECTION
The Township uses heavy equipment to collect the leaves at the curb. When you see signs posted in your neighborhood, rake your leaves to the curb. Remember, lawn services must remove leaves. Keep your cars off the street between 7:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
HAUL YOUR OWN
Residents may take leaves to the Kresson Road Ecology Site. Call 856 424-4422 for hours of availability.
NOTE: Due to unpredictable weather conditions (rain), it is difficult to know when leaves will fall. This makes it hard to set a strict leaf collection schedule. We make every attempt to complete this process before snow season (when we need the same trucks ready with snowplow attachments). We try our best, but ask for your patience and understanding.