New Jersey American Water is preparing to replace approximately 4,700 feet of aging water main along Morris Drive beginning on Monday, April 9. The following traffic patterns have been established.
- Morris Drive will be closed in one direction between Springdale Road and Knights Place for approximately three days. Crews will work from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Morris Drive will be open for traffic coming in from Springdale, but traffic headed out of the neighborhood will be detoured onto Heartwood Drive to Lark Lane back out to Springdale.
- All buses and trash haulers will have local access within the neighborhood, but will not be able to take Morris Drive out to the Springdale traffic light.
- Beginning on or around Thursday, April 12, Morris Drive will have smaller half-lane closures with alternating traffic moving in both directions controlled by police, from 7:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. daily.
- Toward the end of this project, the work will move out into the intersection and Springdale Road will be closed in one direction at a time between Evesham Road and Kresson Road from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. each night for three to four nights. Further notice will be provided ahead of that closure which will involve detours onto Evesham Road and Kresson Road.
The Cherry Hill Police Department is working diligently to provide residents in these areas with safe and effective traffic patterns.
Residents in these areas are advised to have their trash out by 6:00 a.m. on collection day to allow for the trash and recycling trucks to come through the area before construction begins.
For more information on the project, click here. Stay up to date with the latest information and traffic patterns by following Cherry Hill Township and the Cherry Hill Police Department on Facebook.