Depending on the duration and amount of snowfall, Township trucks may plow your street several times. As snow rolls off our plows, it sometimes accumulates in driveway aprons. Please understand that this is unavoidable and it is the homeowner's responsibility to clear it. Here are some helpful hints to make snow removal less frustrating:
• Remove portable basketball nets and trash/recycling containers from the street in front of your house. Place them on the grass strip between the curb and your sidewalk.
• Do not park cars on the street from one hour after the snow has continuously fallen until 12 hours after the snow has stopped. This speeds the removal process and prevents cars from being plowed in.
• If possible, wait until the township trucks have made at least three passes on your street before cleaning your driveway.
• Do NOT shovel or blow snow into the street. Snow blowers should be adjusted so they blow snow toward your house.
• To ensure the safety of pedestrians, residents must remove snow from sidewalks following a snow fall. Please remember that children are walking to schools and bus stops all over town.
• Be sure to shovel around your mailbox and fire hydrants near your house for your safety and your neighbors' safety.