Our Public Works Department is working hard to make driving safer and easier in snowy weather. Depending on the duration and amount of snowfall, township trucks may plow your street several times. As snow rolls off our plows, it sometimes accumulates in driveway aprons. Please understand that this is unavoidable and it is the homeowner's responsibility to clear it. Here are some helpful hints to make snow removal less frustrating:
- Please remove the following items from the street in front of your home:
- Trash/recyclable containers. Place on the grassy planter strip between curb and sidewalk.
- Portable basketball backboard systems.
- Do not park cars on the street from 1 hour after the snow has continuously fallen until 12 hours after the snow has stopped. This speeds the removal process and prevents cars from being plowed in.
- If possible, wait until the township trucks have made at least 3 passes on your street before cleaning your driveway.
- Shovel and/or blow snow onto the curb, not into the street.
- Shovel snow to the right side of your driveway (facing the street) to minimize the amount of snow entering your driveway.
- To ensure the safety of pedestrians, residents must remove snow from sidewalks following a snow fall. Please remember that children are walking to schools and bus stops all over town.
In the event of deep snow, please shovel around your mailbox and fire hydrants near your house for your safety and your neighbors' safety.
For more information, please contact the Public Works Department by calling 856-424-4422.